Shipping & Handling
- Bare circuit boards must be enclosed in an ANTI-STATIC BAG.
Enclose the bag in several layers of bubble wrap. Common shipping materials
like foam popcorn can cause static arcing, damaging electronic parts. Anti-static
bags protect the circuit board from the packing material.
- Monitors must be enclosed in a plain or anti-static plastic bag. Pack
monitors with 3 inches of peanuts on all sides.
- All other items such as servo drives, spindle drives and power supplies must be enclosed in a plain or anti static
- For items weighing less than 25 lbs, 2" of foam peanuts on all sides is sufficient.
- For items weighing more than 25 lbs, use 2" white bead board for cushioning
( hard foam board commonly used as insulation. Available at Home Depot or Lowes.).
Make sure the white bead board surrounds all corners.
- Crumpled newspaper does not provide necessary protection. Pack box tight,
so your valuable item cannot shift even if the packing material compresses.
- A loosely packed box is an invitation for shipping damage. We recommend that
you insure your package for the replacement value of the item. If you follow
the packaging recommendations above you shouldn't have any problems during shipping.
- If you don't have an account with UPS, we can arrange for UPS to pick up your
box. We will need the weight and dimensions of the box and the insured value.
We charge UPS published rate plus a processing fee of $8.00. This will be added
to your invoice.